Do you want to create a better software experience for your customers? Do you want to create maintainable code? Listen to this interview with Fabiola De la Cueva. She's a Certified LabVIEW Architect, a LabVIEW Champion and an influential voice in the LabVIEW community. In this interview, I asked Fabiola to list the five things a LabVIEW developer can do to create a better user experience for their customer.
Here is the one opening quote that Fabiola used in our discussion. I highly recommend you listen to the entire episode.
Designing the Moment by Robert Hoekman Jr.
“Each moment has the potential to increase a user's confidence or destroy his trust in a product or a company, and each one is an important piece of the whole experience. Why? Because the task a person is attempting to complete at any
given moment is the most important task to that person, at that moment. It is our job to make sure nothing goes wrong. To make sure that moment is enjoyable and productive, and helps our user feel smart.”
Here is a summary of the five tips (more explanation in the podcast):
- Improve the user experience. Starting all the way from the installer.
- Make your application user configurable.
- Don't use geek speak when the software interacts with the user.
- Develop your code in a moduler, testable fashion
- Use Source Code Control
Links to some content mentioned:
- Delacor – Fabiola's LabVIEW consulting company
- Fabiola's presentation at NIWeek
- Deploy Tool